One of my best friends told me I wasn't living my best life if I didn't have a weighted blanket, so I jumped on the weighted blanket bandwagon. I have occasional night terrors, so I figured what the heck? I found a great deal with a one-time coupon, and I purchased a 20-pound cooling weighted blanket. I was so excited, and then I tried it.
I'm not sure if it is my incessant need to be in control, my innate desire to not be touched while I'm sleeping, or the thought that I may not be able to break out into a full-out run when I have a night terror, but a weighted blanket just isn't for me. The one thing I did like, though, is its cooling ability. The glass beads really do work to keep the blanket cool, and even though it's currently 20 degrees out, I have an appreciation for staying cool at night.
Now, the one thing I know is that I am an anomaly. There is a science behind the weighted blanket, and for most people it is life-changing for the better. Once they've discovered the gentle hug of a weighted blanket, they vow to never be without one. People have difficulty describing the pure bliss. They instinctively know they have been waiting their entire life to feel this good.
Its gentle pressure is proven to help children and adults with anxiety, autism, and attention difficulties, and I've heard stories of it helping calm restless leg syndrome and improving night terrors. I'm sure I'm one of the only people alive who experiences increased anxiety when I put it on, so although I am retiring my weighted blanket, I know it is proven to be effective for many, many people, as well as for many pets, so I have to highly recommend it.
Life Hack #1: If you don't like to cuddle but your partner does, buy them a weighted blanket. They won't even be able to get up to pee.
Life Hack #2: If you decide you want to kidnap someone and throw them in the trunk, just throw a weighted blanket over top of them. No need to waste time fumbling with duct tape.
Life Hack #3: When you wake up in the morning to use the restroom, wrap your weighted blanket around you. Drop it at the toilet and do your business. Pick the blanket up, wrap it back around you, walk back to your bed and throw it on there as hard as you can. Exercise for the day done.
Life Hack #4: If you're ever being chased by a pack of wild dogs, throw your weighted blanket on them to immediately mobilize them.
Life Hack #5: If you decide to become a Superhero, a weighted blanket should be in your bag of Superhero tricks at all times. It ranks right up there with Spiderman's web.
- 100% Cotton
- 【Natural Sleep Help】The AN weighted blanket is used to help kids and adults who need a better sleep by creating a feeling of being hugged. This natural method has been approved and reported by most researches.
- 【Premium Material】We use Oeko-Tex certified cotton & hypoallergenic cotton & non-toxic glass beads to produce the softer and more breathable weighted blanket. Besides, the 7-layers sewing technology helps the weighted blanket no risk for leakage.
- 【How to Choose】The weighted blanket is engineered to be 10% of your body weight, 15 lbs weight is intended for individuals weighing about 140 - 160 lbs. This twin size weighted blanket is not recommended for sharing.
- 【Easy Care】Hand wash and hang dry is the best way for cleaning. If possible, AN duvet cover is highly recommended.
- 【24/7 Online Service】We guarantee you AN weighted blanket will arrive in great condition. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase within 30 days of the receive date. No questions asked! No restocking fees.