Use Codes: FRONT: 192236311 BACK: 32382
LAY'S® BAGS OF JOY INSTANT-WIN GAME ("GAME")
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY ("JUDGES"), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen  years of age if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Game (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or "step") of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Game).
- GAME PERIOD: The Game begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time ("CT") on February 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 26, 2021 ("Game Period"). The time clock of the computer administering this Game is the official time-keeping device of the Game.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Create an Account: During the Game Period, visit LaysBagsOfJoy.com ("Web Site") and follow the online instructions to create an account ("Account"). By registering for the Game, you are (a) opting in to receive communications relating to the Game and (b) confirming you have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules by placing a checkmark in the box provided.
Obtain Combined Codes: There are two (2) ways to obtain Combined Codes as outlined below.
- During the Game Period, purchase any bag of LAY'S® branded product (2.5 oz. – 8 oz. each) (excluding LAY'S® STAX®, LAY'S® Baked, and Simply LAY'S® branded products) and look for the Combined Code. A Combined Code consists of the bell-marker code located below the "guaranteed fresh" statement on the front of the bag and the UPC code on the back of the same bag ("Combined Code").
- To obtain a Combined Code without making a purchase, send a 3" x 5" card or piece of paper with your full name, address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, and email address, to be received by March 22, 2021, to: Lay's Bags of Joy Combined Code Request, PO Box 595, Addison, TX 75001. One (1) Combined Code will be emailed to the email address provided. Limit one (1) free Combined Code request per stamped-outer envelope. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, unintelligible or undelivered mail or Combined Code Requests or Combined Codes.
Enter Combined Code(s) to play the Game and unlock prize tiers: Visit the Web Site (LaysBagsOfJoy.com) and follow the instructions to sign in (once you have created an Account). Enter and properly submit your Combined Code as indicated (a "Play").
- If it is your first time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your second time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your third time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your fourth time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your fifth time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your sixth time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Prize (subject to verification).
- If it is your seventh time submitting a Combined Code at the Web Site, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 Prize (subject to verification).
- For every subsequent Combined Code you submit at the Web Site, after submitting your seventh Combined Code, you will be playing for a chance to win a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 Prize (subject to verification).
Randomly-selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the Judges, and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) at or immediately after a randomly selected time) will win a prize (subject to verification and prize-tier requirements as stated above). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the indicated prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of a prize. All Plays must be properly received and recorded within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received and in accordance with the prize-tier requirements stated above.
Each Combined Code may only be used once. Each time you submit a Play, you must obtain a new Combined Code by either making a purchase or requesting free Combined Code by mail as described above. Limit one (1) Play per Combined Code.
Limit one (1) Combined Code submission per person/email address per day. A "day" is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day; except the first day of the Game Period which is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day.
Data rates may apply if participant submits a Play with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider's network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Mobile entry is not required to submit a Play or win a prize in this Game.
All participants must have a valid email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Play and/or an eligible participant. Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Plays and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all of their Plays will be deemed invalid and any prize won by such person shall be forfeited.
Tier 1 Prizes (40,000): One (1) bag of LAY'S® Potato Chips, up to a value of $3.79 (awarded in the form of a coupon; and subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer). The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Tier 1 Prize is $3.79. Limit one (1) Tier 1 Prize per person/email address/household.
Tier 2 Prizes (5,000): Each Tier 2 Prize consists of one (1) $25.00 DoorDash® Gift Card. Gift cards will be sent to verified winners via email. To redeem the DoorDash Gift Card, the winner must have an active DoorDash account with payment information on file. Gift cards are subject to Gift Card Terms and Conditions, available at help.doordash.com/consumers/s/article/DoorDash-Gift-Cards-Terms a and also help.doordash.com/consumers/s/terms-and-conditions-us. ARV of each Tier 2 Prize is $25.00. Limit one (1) Tier 2 Prize per person/email address/household.
Tier 3 Prizes (50): Each Tier 3 Prize consists of a $1,000.00 cash prize. All cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner. The value of each Tier 3 Prize is $1,000.00. Limit one (1) Tier 3 Prize per person/email address/household.
One winner per person/household/email address can potentially win one (1) Tier 1 Prize, one (1) Tier 2 Prize, and one (1) Tier 3 Prize, but is limited to winning only one prize (1) time from each Tier. Winner must accept the prize as stated by Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $326,600.00.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will receive an email within forty-eight (48) hours of receiving a prize-winning message during their online session at the Web Site. The email will contain instructions on how to claim the prize. Prizes must be claimed within five (5) days of email notification. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address or mailing address. Additionally, each potential Tier 3 Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days as indicated on the Affidavit. If (a) an attempted notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the prize-winning message, (c) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (d) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (e) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Tier 2 Prizes will delivered via email within eight (8) weeks of winner verification. Tier 1 and Tier 3 Prizes will be shipped within eight (8) weeks of winner verification.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Game or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Game. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Game: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Game, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Game, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of the Web Site or an email account used in connection with the Game. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Game, the entry of Combined Codes or submission of Plays, the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer or web-enabled device resulting from participation in the Game. In the event of an identity dispute, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used to participate. "Registered owner" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES' NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Game, participants agree (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents from any and all claims, actions, losses, injuries, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation or inability to participate in the Game; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, winners (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, and its designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Game (including any prize) is compromised, modified or canceled due to pandemics or epidemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, government restriction, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
DISCLAIMER: Combined Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Combined Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Combined Code is limited to replacement with a free official Combined Code. Combined Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the methods described in these Official Rules. All submitted Combined Codes become property of Sponsor, and will not be returned.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, programming, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed in any prize tier, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
GENERAL CONDITIONS:Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Tier 3 Prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of a prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of a prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Game is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game, Sponsor and Promotion Parties reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the submission process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Game. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Game is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor or Promotion Parties in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the major prize winners (whose prize is valued at $25.00 or more) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 30, 2021 to: Lay's Bags of Joy Instant-Win Game Winners' List, PO Box 595, Addison, TX 75001.
SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024.
© 2021 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.